Unused dependencies

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jpetticrew, Nov 4, 2010.

1. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8B117)

Is there an app that can scanfor dependencies that aren't being used anymore and get rid of them? I feel like I've got a whole bunch of those from all the apps I've deleted and stuff.

2. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I'm not sure why you guys worry about this so much, Cydia does a pretty good job cleaning, however every ones in entitle to worry about anything they want. I haven't seen any "Application" that can do that, but you can try the old apt way. just SSH into the device and run

Code:
    apt-get autoremove 
    I am not sure how 'complete' is the apt-get port of the iPhone but the if it doesn't work them all you will get is a command not found error

4. jpetticrew thread starter macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

I was more referring to like when I install iFile and it needs all those unzipprers, they install too. but when I uninstall iFile, all the unzippers stay on my phone, but they're not needed.

I ran that apt-get command and it came back with nothing removed. I guess it's not that big of a deal, I just feel like after a while I'll have a lot of those little files hanging around.