Unused node is not erased & other.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Paltos, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Paltos macrumors newbie

Dear all,

My MBP of a few months old has been experiencing random crashes (sometimes freezing completely with the mac equivalent of the bsod) often while watching videos either on youtube or newspaper-sites or even VLC. But also without watching videos the web browser and other programs would suddenly crash (first unresponsive, than crash).

While running Disk Utility I've come across various errors, the most frequent being "Unused node is not erased (node=random number..)". Another error I ran into was "Keys out of order". The steps I took so far:

1. I tried fixing these with as well Disk Repair from mac itself as DiskWarrior. This often works and it then says the HD is OK. But I kept having crashes (when the crashes occur, the error in the HD comes back).
    2. The following path I took was a complete reinstall without keeping any data. Right now the only external software installed is Google Chrome. I had an error in reinstalling and needed help from a service point. They reinstalled, but after a few hours the problems and crashes came back.
    3. I went back to the Apple service point and they replaced the entire HD. But, again, only a few hours after I got it the same kind of errors and crashed (although no mac bsod yet)
    4. I ran the extended hardware check by pushing 'D' on startup but no troubles found.
    Does anyone has any idea where these errors keep coming from? Or which other options I should explore?

Kind regards

Details on mac:
    Mac OS X 10.7.4
    2.2 GHZ Intel Core i7
    4GB 1333MHZ DDR3

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Take it back again. Most likely at this point it's a failing HDD data cable, which isn't uncommon on the unibody MBP's.

jW

3. Paltos thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I suspected that would be my best bet :) Thanks!