Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

opik

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2005
Cupertino, CA
Hello,
I'm a high school student who recently bought an ibook amongst other things. After this big investment, I can't really expect my parents to spend more money. What I'm asking for is if anyone has a old or current version of Office for Mac they don't need or the serial of iWork 05 or 06 they can donate..i would dearly appreciate. sounds cheap but i'm desperate.

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Yep use openoffice or save up for students edition of Microsoft Office. Isn't TOO expensive

opik

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2005
Cupertino, CA
well i don't know..i got used to iwork's interface from school and neooffice is not only heavy but also looks a lot like windows.

After G

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2003
California
Yes, use Open Office. Open Office is good.

On an semi-related note, the sooner people stop sending me .doc files, the happier I will be.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
If you can live with openoffice until you're in Uni, usually the university sells copies of office.

I got office pro, 2004 with virtual PC for $7 at UofH. :eek: :cool:

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2006
In the Depths of the SLC!
Well, after a lot of trial and error, I finally got it. Well, I downloaded blindly, and was warmly welcomed with French! Then, after gettin an SKU by mistake, I finally got the right one, and that was after finding out about X11. But, it works now.

j26

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2005
Paddyland
NeoOffice is native to macs and doesn't need X11. I found OpenOffice through X11 a bit of a pain, with fonts and such like.

There's an aqua version of NeoOffice out and if you can wait until the end of the month it will be free.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.