Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimedit1

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 2, 2006
I have a project where I have keyframed some stills for an animation effect. But when played on a tv, they have that irritating flicker whenever they move. I have tried the Flicker filter to the max, the de-interlace filter, and both together, but the problem persists! How can I eliminate this problem?

Texas04

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2005
Texas
When does this happen?

When you are playing a DVD or something that you made in Final Cut?

or when ever you have your TV hooked up to your computer and your "previewing" your project?

If what you are doing is the second option up there than this does occour. No real fix that I know of. But if you export it to a DV tape or even to DVD it will no longer occour.

jimedit1

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 2, 2006
It happens AFTER being burned to DVD. I am currently traveling and cannot preview directly from final cut to the TV or a monitor. So I can only preview through an S-video connection, which is so blurry on the tv I cannot see it until it is burned.

I am trying to "eliminate field dominance" in the SEQUENCE: settings. This is looking promising so far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.