Unusual iMessage Issue

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by a1anm, Jan 23, 2013.

1. a1anm macrumors newbie

I have a problem with iMessage. The scenario is:

- If I send a message from my phone to my girlfriend using either her phone number or email address she receives it on both her ipad and iphone. Good.

- If I send a message from my laptop to her email address she receives it on both her iphone and ipad. Good.

- If I send a message from my laptop to her phone number she receives it on her ipad but not her iphone. Bad!

Any ideas why this would be happening. I thought if anything she would receive it on her phone and not her ipad.

I know I can use her email address and all will be good but she has been noticing other messages appear on her ipad and not n her phone so I think something is wrong somewhere.

2. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

In iMessage settings, for ANY device in which you are sending iMessages from, select your phone number as the send/receive item.

3. a1anm thread starter macrumors newbie

This is how I have it set up currently.

4. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I would ensure that both her Apple ID and Phone number are added across any iMessage devices, and ensure that the send/receive on her end is also her phone number.

5. a1anm thread starter macrumors newbie

I can confirm this is the case.

6. a1anm thread starter macrumors newbie

I just signed out of imessage on all devices, restart each device and signed back in to imessage.

Seems to have done the trick :)

7. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Odd. Glad it works, though!