Unusual internal Speaker Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tabayag, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Tabayag macrumors newbie

I haven't managed to find another thread about this problem, so here it goes.

I have a Macbook Pro (unibody) that's still under warranty. Yesterday while I was watching a TV show online, suddenly the volume of my speakers went down and they no longer had bass. After rebooting, making sure my software was updated, plugged/unplugged headphones etc, the speakers still sound like this. The sound is very quiet and tinny.

Has anyone had a similar problem? If so, any solutions?

Thanks!

2. vant macrumors 65816

3. Tabayag thread starter macrumors newbie

That wouldn't make much sense, because I don't blare anything on the laptop. Also, my old macbook pro, which I still have, has speakers that work perfectly after 3+ years.

4. vant macrumors 65816

You don't have to have the speakers on high to blow one. It could be a defect or any number of reasons.

5. prodigee macrumors 6502a

This actually happened to me I started up a movie heard a loud pop, and my reaction was just "AHH SH*T!" I thought there is a small chance its a software thing and rebooted, and bam I had bass again. I have no idea what caused it but something did. I would recommend trying a time machine backup from a previous date if you have one. And if that doesn't fix it bring it to the Apple Store and they will hopefully replace it for free. I say that because you don't typically hear of this happening on MBP's it really seems like they have limited the volume so that you can't blow the speakers.

6. Tabayag thread starter macrumors newbie

I was just hoping I wouldn't have to run to the Apple Store...it's over an hour away, ugh. Oh, well! Thanks!