Unusual Iphone 4 problems (verizon)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by will4, Jul 22, 2011.

1. will4 macrumors newbie

My iphone 4 on 4.2.9 verizon. It is a refurbished phone from Verizon my first one had a hardware malfunction and was stuck in headset mode permanently. This phone has been working good till lately. Now it will randomly shut off completely and i can only get the screen to work when i plug into a power source. Then the screen boots into the apple logo, but loads the pic telling me to plug into iTunes. (also it holds the pic for maybe 10 seconds then reboots and repeats) It forces me to restore it and it is very hard to get it to restore. Usually i have to put it into dfu mode multiple times before it works) When i go to restore it i get errors 1611 2011 2006 2001. eventually i have been able to get it to go every time though. I do not have any warranty on the phone and it has not been damaged...had it in my pocket, pulled out to use and it would not load the screen. Now i restore it and it works a little but it keeps happening more frequently. I really dont want to buy a new phone, but this one is totally unreliable now.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Take it to an Apple Store and explain your situation. They should replace it for you, free of charge.

3. will4 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

There is an AppleCare 1-800 number you can call. They should still replace it. But you maybe without your iPhone for a few days.

5. will4 thread starter macrumors newbie

have to love the weekend now :(

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It could be worse. You could be stuck in Europe with that unusual iPhone.

7. will4 thread starter macrumors newbie

dont have to worry about that with cdma

8. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You could have been using it as an iPod...