Unusual iphone activity after 3GS 5.0.1 JB/Unlock?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by threetimesdaily, Jan 17, 2012.

1. threetimesdaily macrumors member

Hi, I have a jailbroken and unlocked 3GS iphone from 4.2.1 to 5.0.1 for use with T-mobile.

I am on the 6.15.00 baseband and have been since 4.2.1.

Since the new upgrade and JB'ing with redsn0w, a lot of unusual activity has happened on my phone.

The lag is pretty bad on all aspects of the phone, much worse than before.

Find my iphone cant locate my iphone
    I know upgrading to ipad baseband was said to be risking your GPS functionality, but I've been on that baseband for a while and maps, other apps work fine with GPS.

Several Cydia packages are no where to be found after installing (such as youmail) the packages I'm talking about worked fine with 4.2.1.

Certain legit apps straight from app store wont load. (like google earth)

Installous reads "API source error" when browsing most apps.

no iMessages will send

Itunes wont sync any cracked apps I used previously and doesnt seem to acknowledge this after syncing. (these apps still appear in itunes, but uncheck themselves after sync.)

I have deleted all added packages in Cydia, restarted my phone, made sure all cracked apps were removed/deleted, and still have the same problems when trying to re-add some cydia packages, run google earth, or use find my iphone (the rest of icloud works fine). Also get the same errors in Installous.

Anytime in the past my phone started acting weird I would just delete anything new and things would be back to normal, now that I've done that I don't know what to do.

Do I need to restore/JB again?

2. grimy macrumors member

find my iphone stopped working on my 3GS and some other weird things...to fix it I had to restore the phone, when jailbreaking went to extra's specified the IPSW and whether or not it was a old/new bootrom(selected wrong one first and the jailbreak acted glitchy) and then clicked jailbreak...perfect from there. If apps aren't syncing...why not just check em again? Although I think you are in the wrong website for asking that question...they do not endorse pirated apps here.

3. threetimesdaily thread starter macrumors member

sweet glad to know im not the only one, i will try restoring.
    Its weird bc i have iboot 359.3.2 (new bootrom) but my serial reads week 20 (old bootrom) pretty sure iboot is all that really matters so i selected new bootrom but it sure would explain all the weird stuff thats happening if i were choosing the wrong one. Even typing this has like a 5 sec lag for each letter and im on wifi.