Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

j2004p

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
I'm having a slightly weird (but no less annoying) problem with my iPhone 4's all glass front/back design.

Put simply it slips off fr***ing everything with even the slightest slope.

I believed until yesterday that my Sofa (couch) arms were flat, this I thought was proven with many years of extensive beer/wine glass support/testing with not a single drop spilt.

My iPhone 4 has proven this very VERY wrong, leave it there and although initially it appears to be secure and steady, after about 10 minutes the iphone slips onto a (luckily well cushioned) landing.

Why was this not thought about when Jony Ive dreamt up the 4's design? Ludicrous!!!!

Now I now don't know whether my beer is really secure or whether I've been simply lucky up to now.

insidmal

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Eugene
I'm having a slightly weird (but no less annoying) problem with my iPhone 4's all glass front/back design.

Put simply it slips off fr***ing everything with even the slightest slope.

I believed until yesterday that my Sofa (couch) arms were flat, this I thought was proven with many years of extensive beer/wine glass support/testing with not a single drop spilt.

My iPhone 4 has proven this very VERY wrong, leave it there and although initially it appears to be secure and steady, after about 10 minutes the iphone slips onto a (luckily well cushioned) landing.

Why was this not thought about when Jony Ive dreamt up the 4's design? Ludicrous!!!!

Now I now don't know whether my beer is really secure or whether I've been simply lucky up to now.

you've been lucky ;-)

probably the weight of your beer put enough pressure on it to keep it from moving

uiop.

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Get a case that'll add grip. Or wrapsol if you don't want the bulk.

Off topic, but why'd you censor the word "freaking"?

Apple-NoEscape

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2010
United Kingdom
There have been a few threads about this, there was web a video someone posted of it happening. It does seem the phone can slide down even the slightest slope.

Luminyx

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2010
My phone was sliding off of my iPhone box :mad: It was relatively flat, and I would just watch it slip right off. Thankfully the first time that it happened, it fell onto my desk and it didn't fall off of the desk.

I'll be adding an invisible shield to the back soon (already have it on the front) so hopefully that will help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.