Unusual problem regarding water damage, new battery not charging macbook air mid 2011

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by soddha, May 18, 2015.

1. soddha macrumors newbie

Hello people,

I have quite strange problem. I had some water damage on my computer few month ago. After it dried completely computer worked only when I unplugged the battery but if I unplugged the charger my computer was resetting itself (date and time were resetting, it took much longer to load)meaning that it had to be always charged in order to work. So I decided to buy new battery. After I inserted it the magsafe charger didnt work but the battery did (it was on the 50%). I tried also with two other chargers with no success. So computer was working just until my battery didn't drained completely. I did SMC reset wich didn't help. After I unplugged the battery computer worked again. What do you think is causing the problem? Can I do something to repair it? Is it wise to buy another new battery?

Thank you for your help,

Greets

2. rjphoto macrumors 6502a

rjphoto

Water damage is one of the worst things that can happen to a computer. Even after it dries out, there can be residual corrosion down the road.

Sounds like there may be something wrong between the battery & magsafe board.