unusual questions

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ewangnz, Nov 4, 2008.

1. ewangnz macrumors newbie

Dear iPhone loves please help me with the follow 3 questions about iPhone 3G:

I have bought my iPhone 3G with AT&T and have not yet jail break it. I am taking my iPhone to China permanently.

1st question: Will I be able to upgrade my iPhone firmware without using my orginal AT&T simcard? Besides my orginal AT&T simcard does not work in China anyway. Do I need to insert a simcard in order to upgrade? Will upgrade work without any simcard in the phone?

2nd question: At some stage I might need to restore and re-activate my iPhone in China. Do I need to insert my orginal AT&T simcard in order to re-active my iPhone in China? Will re-activation work in China with my AT&T simcard?

3rd question: if I decide to cancel my contract with AT&T, will iTune still let me upgrade my iPhone firmware or re-activate my iPhone.

2. spikedfo macrumors regular

1. & 2. & 3.
    you need jailbreak your iphone first .
    then you can use CMCC or UNICOM's simcard in China.it depands on south or north part of China you would go.
    all upgrade and other things work all right.:)