unusual questions

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ewangnz, Nov 4, 2008.

  1. ewangnz macrumors newbie

    Nov 4, 2008
    Dear iPhone loves please help me with the follow 3 questions about iPhone 3G:

    I have bought my iPhone 3G with AT&T and have not yet jail break it. I am taking my iPhone to China permanently.

    1st question: Will I be able to upgrade my iPhone firmware without using my orginal AT&T simcard? Besides my orginal AT&T simcard does not work in China anyway. Do I need to insert a simcard in order to upgrade? Will upgrade work without any simcard in the phone?

    2nd question: At some stage I might need to restore and re-activate my iPhone in China. Do I need to insert my orginal AT&T simcard in order to re-active my iPhone in China? Will re-activation work in China with my AT&T simcard?

    3rd question: if I decide to cancel my contract with AT&T, will iTune still let me upgrade my iPhone firmware or re-activate my iPhone.
  2. spikedfo macrumors regular

    Oct 29, 2008
    1. & 2. & 3.
    you need jailbreak your iphone first .
    then you can use CMCC or UNICOM's simcard in China.it depands on south or north part of China you would go.
    all upgrade and other things work all right.:)

Share This Page