Unusual Rattling Noise?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spmojo, Sep 15, 2010.

1. spmojo macrumors member

I have read on here from time to time about people complaining about a rattling noise coming from the top, near the speaker hole. I would have never noticed this without shaking it, but sometimes when im making a call it sounds muffled too. I dont know if I should go back to the ATT store and try and exchange it? Since it is only 2 weeks old? Please let me know what I should do, specially if you had this similar problem.

2. spmojo thread starter macrumors member

And it's been in a case from day one, and has NEVER been dropped or even treated poorly.

3. anonymous guy macrumors 6502

I have it too.

I think it's the sleep/wake button.

4. spmojo thread starter macrumors member

Is it common? Should I just forget it's there?

5. anonymous guy macrumors 6502

I don't know, but I haven't bothered.

I've gone through 3 iPhone 4 replacements and I don't want to re-sync 28GBs of data again.

Someone here could report about it. Or if you have the spare time, you could check if display models at ATT/Apple stores have the same problem.

6. owmygulay macrumors member

I have the same problem and have seen several threads about it. I am pretty sure it is normal for the ip4. Even though it is pretty annoying.

7. Turkeywrap macrumors regular

From what i seem to know, its the autofocus lens the camera uses that are rattling.

8. MyRomeo macrumors 6502

MyRomeo

That sounds likely to me. I took the back cover off yesterday to tighted any screws up as per the other threads suggestion, this didnt cure anything.

With the cover off the only thing that rattled when tapped was the camera.

I can live with this.

9. berrytarts macrumors member

Hey,
    I had this problem too. Mine was the sleep/wake button. Press it down and hold it, and then shake the phone again. If it still makes a sound, its your autofocus lens, and you don't have to get it exchanged cause its normal.

However, if it doesn't, then you can have it exchanged for a new one(that was the case for me).

Hope this helps.
    I don't think the autofocus lens qualifies as an excuse since every iPhone has it.

10. spmojo thread starter macrumors member

I talked to my ATT and they said bring it in and they will exchange it out.

11. owmygulay macrumors member

Did they replace you phone for the rattling noise? Mine and my wife's both have a rattling sleep button.