Unusual Screen Problem - Rare!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by animusheart, Feb 18, 2011.

1. animusheart macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I've an unusual problem that cropped up with my iphone 3gs. It's not jailbroken but it's past its warranty date.

The screen image is misaligned, even though the touchscreen still works - I have to touch the icons where they should be. So for instance, if I touch the extreme right bottom of the iphone screen, it clicks on the call button even if that's not what it looks like. When I take a screenshot with my phone, it turns out fine - so I suspect it has to do with the hardware ?

When I first turn on the phone, the apple logo is centralised, and sometimes it works completely fine. Until I hit the on-off button at the top of the phone, then it goes completely haywire. The light of the screen also sometimes flickers.

I've brought it to iphone repair shops but no one can figure out the problem. It's not waterlogged, it's not the LCD screen and it's not a software glitch. I've done a hard reset to my phone, tried replacing the LCD, nothing works.

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Gotta say, that's weird. Are you sure it's not a jb problem? You have red app icons.

Have you tried restoring?

3. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

Got to be your display interface chip. Bad colours and out of sync display - fairly certain it is that. Not easy to replace but some people with the right tools eg hot air desoldering kit, can do it.

4. animusheart thread starter macrumors newbie

@vincenz: nope it's not jailbroken.. and yes, the colours are all crazy.

@gadgetgeezer: thanks...