Unusual sorting problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wheeldawg, May 25, 2009.

1. wheeldawg macrumors newbie

I've looked around and seen numerous problems with sorting here, but I haven't found any threads that match mine.

In the Music app, while looking at a list, (only happens for Artist and Song views- not Album) the last few listings for each letter are listed under the next letter.

Here's a screenshot to clarify: see the "C" listings under the "D" heading?
    [​IMG]

I did use a 3rd party program to add some songs to my 'pod, and I'm guessing that's what's wrong. I only used it because iTunes and my computer sometimes don't get along, and I need to be able to access the iPod when iTunes fails. (seems to not like the skin I use for Windows--- which ironically is a Mac-lookalike skin lol... sometimes it just gives a warning and runs fine, other times it won't even launch, but that issue is for another thread I think)

2. technotica macrumors member

Hmm, in programs like Winamp etc. I'd think the problem is that the file is named something with 'd' but the mp3 information for the song begins with 'c' (or the other way round).

Maybe whatever the iPod uses to sort the files says that the song 'Cursive' starts with D.

If so maybe you could change that on the computer and reload the file?

3. wheeldawg thread starter macrumors newbie

Cursive isn't the only listing where that happens. I just got a pic of the C and D sections, but it happens on every letter.

The program I used is called CopyTrans.