Unusual streaks on iPhone screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by yourxp, Nov 17, 2008.

1. yourxp macrumors newbie

hey guys,
    i have the a/m problem on my iphone.
    the streaks developed somehow after taking it out for a run n the streaks now span vertically across the screen! guess its prespiration and now half of my screen is illuminatin!

is there anyway i can get this fixed? ive left it in a bucket of rice and blew it w a hairdryer but the "stain" sticks!

will soaking it in alcohol n leavin it to dry remedy e prob? will it cause further streakin/damages?

thanks guys

2. yourxp thread starter macrumors newbie

3. yourxp thread starter macrumors newbie

ooh.. ok -.-"

but anwz, do u think the problem can be fixed by just wiping e residue away after tearing the phone apart?

4. wadejc85 macrumors 6502

I don't know about you, but I certainly wouldn't soak my iPhone in any liquid. That just screams disaster to me.

5. yourxp thread starter macrumors newbie

woo

i read somewhere that isopropyl alcohol could help the pone dry up faster and remove residues at e same time

mmm

6. yourxp thread starter macrumors newbie

hey guys..

a little update here. on closer inspection, i believe my lcd is not damaged!
    the residue could very well be sandwiched between the lcd and the lcd holder/panel behind the lcd (or whatever you call it). i believe thats the case as the lcd looks PURRFECTLY fine on the surface n doesnt smudge when i appply pressure on the screen.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

what do u guys think? shud i tear it apart?

heres a look at my tarnished screen
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

help help :)

7. bananabar macrumors regular

I'm so confused by this post. None of it seems to make any sense.

But why don't you just take it back?

8. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

It does look like moisture under the screen. That sucks.

I wouldn't do anything drastic for a little bit yet. It may get better over a period of time as it dries up.

Does the screen work fine other than the water smudge?

Did you jog through the rain or do you just sweat THAT MUCH. It must have been a decent amount to get under the screen like that.

9. yourxp thread starter macrumors newbie

ahha.. well. it all happened like this...

when i switched on my phone after my run(when the phone was still working fine), the iphone kept prompting me tat an incompatible accessory is attached. thinking that somethin must have stucked between the sync connector, i shook it real hard in an attempt to "remove the trapped particle" and water/perspiration tat was previous being stored at the speaker/mic splurged upwards into the screen.

-.-"

the screen touchpad is working PURRFECTLY fine. just tat the screen is gettin on my nerves. ive left it in a box of uncooked rice, bask it under the sun and on top of my refridgerator for 4 days and no change since day 2. i live in the tropic region thus garnering heat is never an issue. :)

10. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

If it's bothering you that much, you could take it apart and try to dry out under the screen.

Is it a 2G iPhone (metal back) or a 3G iPhone (plastic back)?

Both videos don't look all that easy (and I have taken a lot of stuff apart), so I wouldn't recommend doing it unless it's really bothering you. At least it's working ;) .

If your phone was under warranty, because of water damage, its not now.

11. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't leave it in the sun anymore, though. You could fry the LCD that way.

12. qtwhitz macrumors newbie

Hi Yourxp,

What ever came of this? I am having the same issue with my phone. Thanks for the help!