Unusual Unlock help needed asap, please

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by philip in al, May 25, 2011.

1. philip in al macrumors regular

I have a AT&T iphone 4, JB and on ios 4.1
    AT&T just gave me my unlock code (actually, not sure why but they gave me two sets of numbers). My question is; now that I'm JB, can I still use their unlock numbers or must I do it another way?

Thanks,

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

if AT&T gave you a unlock code it's a miracle! 1st they never give them out on Iphones 2nd they don't give you a unlock code it's done through Itunes and Apple. At&T must tell Apple it's ok to unlock the phone which they will never do. but a factory unlock can be done jb or not.

3. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

I think they misunderstand what phone you have. The iphone is not unlocked with codes you do it through Itunes. They need to whitelist your phone in the apple database and you plug into itunes and it unlocked the phone.

4. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I call BS on your story or the AT&T guy was fooling w/ you.

5. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

lol yeah prolly gave the OP the code to skip right to Mike Tyson in Punch-Out for NES

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

Damn I want the code I love that game! :p

7. philip in al thread starter macrumors regular

It's no joke. I'm traveling out of the country tonight and have been paying AT&T around $500 a month for over 10 years!

I explained the unlock and the way that they always gave me a code to enter on my Blackberries. He put me hold; came back and said here's the number (8 digits) and then said that I may also need this number (another 8 digit number). He wasn't screwing with me, he just may not have known what he was doing.

Of course after that he spent 20 minutes trying to talk me into the World traveler plan and Uverse.

8. labman macrumors 604

labman

ok well that's not how it's done and AT&T doesn't unlock Iphones so nobody can help you. go back to at&T.. IT's done through Itunes no codes!

9. philip in al thread starter macrumors regular

Since my phone is JB on 4.1, can't I just use some kind of unlock software? My baseband is 1.59. Can someone please tell me how to do it? If I do, do I have to re JB, sync or anything?
    Thanks

10. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Go to cydia and d/l ultrasnow.

11. philip in al thread starter macrumors regular

12. labman macrumors 604

labman

wow providing that your baseband is 1.59

would have provided a unlock in post 2

13. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Since you already got 2 codes from ATT. Why not try it? It will be factory unlock if it's true and you don't have to worry about anything else in the future.