unusual water sensor location

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by frostedcupcakes, Mar 14, 2011.

1. frostedcupcakes macrumors newbie

I have an iphone 4 purchased in the summer of 2010. there is no white water sensor on bottom dock portion. as well, i am unsure as to whether there is a water sensor in the headphone jack. looking down vertically, it appears white. but there may be a sensor on the side, which has a white penumbra yet a dark, almost black core. do i have an unusual iphone4, and if so, is the side darkness telling me i have damaged it?

thank you,

frostedcupcakes

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

If you look down the headphone jack and see white, that means you see a water sensor that hasn't been tripped. If it's pink or red, then you should be concerned.

The sensor in the dock is located right under the connector. It's very hard to see unless you shine a flashlight directly on that area.

3. frostedcupcakes thread starter macrumors newbie

My horizontal dock male piece appears to be closer to the edge of the phone than others. the space between the male piece and the edge of the dock port is narrower than a mechanical pencil point. there is no white line underneath.

4. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Sounds like you might have bent it. It shouldn't be that narrow. If it's charging and everything is working fine, you probably don't have to worry about it. Other than that, have it checked out at the Apple store if there's one nearby.

5. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
  6. frostedcupcakes thread starter macrumors newbie

peculiar i guess. i ask because i dropped the phone in the toilet. :cool: unfortunately, the speaker is muffled. i can see no red/white/pink strip in the dock. i've examined it really closely and compared it to pictures on the internet.

7. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I managed to snag a picture of mine.

This is how the area should look like. You can see the tiny rectangular white sensor right under the male connector.

[​IMG]