Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fifteen20s

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2012
After updating software has anyone noted an exceptional battery life improvement?

Now, I did just get my Nike Watch 2 last Sunday. But after updating software my battery life greatly changed.

Before update: Out of the box I had a 100% battery. During use I would wear the watch all day and wear it over night with a sleep tracker. When I woke I would have 45-55% charge, charge to 100% between 6-7am and go again. Every day was the same, very consistent on battery life

After the update I am at 31 hours and have 55% battery .. I find that a abnormal adjustment. My day to day usage has not changed and I have made no setting adjustments.

JohnApples

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2014
To be honest, my battery life has been so great that I stopped paying attention to it. I haven't paid attention to is since the latest update though. At the end of the day when I'd place it on the charger, I would notice that I routinely still had >50% battery life. I'll have to keep an eye out and see if it's improved lately.

iTom17

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2013
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
To be honest, my battery life has been so great that I stopped paying attention to it. I haven't paid attention to is since the latest update though. At the end of the day when I'd place it on the charger, I would notice that I routinely still had >50% battery life. I'll have to keep an eye out and see if it's improved lately.
Same thing here.

It was especially in the very beginning that the battery life wasn't that all spectacular. But over time, thanks to some updates it has improved a lot. I do have to battery widget on my iPhone to make sure battery life is still okay. But I don't really worry about it anymore. It's incredibly good now and I do use it a lot actually. Not for sports related stuff though, but I look at it a lot of times.

Hope Apple keeps it up. Unfortunately they have a record for ruining battery life and performance with every major update. Let's just hope watchOS 4 doesn't mess anything up this time around, because I love the battery life of my Apple Watch (first model by the way).

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
11.5 hours off charger today, with a fair amount of use, still at 60%. Very good life.

Series 0.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
11.5 hours off charger today, with a fair amount of use, still at 60%. Very good life.

Series 0.

11.5 hours at 60% is very good for the first generation Apple Watch. So The latest update are definitely keeping things stable for the most part.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.