Unusually long boot/reboot times w/new JB

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by FortWorthMac, Apr 12, 2011.

1. FortWorthMac macrumors 6502a

Has anyone noticed any unusually long boot/reboot times with the 4.3.1 JB (IP4)?

With my 4.1 JB it would take about 30 seconds or so to reboot. Now it takes several minutes. Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this.

Thanks
    David

2. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

This is more likely to be a specific jailbreak app you have installed, rather than the JB itself. My JB 4 still boots up at the normal speed and I have a good 25+ Cydia apps installed...

3. cheesyappleuser macrumors 6502a

cheesyappleuser

That's odd... My JB 3GS takes 35s.
    Restore FW and JB again.

4. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Yes, I've noticed this as well. Did you use redsn0w or pwnage? I used redsn0w but I plan to redo my jb with pwnage when I have the time.

5. A420Turbo macrumors member

Bootlogo

I had redsn0w rc9 and upgraded to rc12 and added boot logos. It did feel like boot time became longer after adding custom boot logos. Not much longer but it did seem like there was a difference. Did anyone else that added custom boot logos notice this?

6. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Noob here. I jb 2 AT&T iPhone 4's with redsnow and also have noticed it takes almost 2 minutes to restart. Is pwnage tool better? What are the differences? I have boot logos enabled on both phones so not sure if that's whats causing the extended boot time. Thanks in advance.

7. psywzrd macrumors 68030

No custom boot logos here. Definitely going to re-jb with pwnage though. Never had this issue in the past and this is the first time I've used redsn0w.

8. whiskeyvol, Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011

whiskeyvol macrumors regular

just restarted mine, it took about 1min or so, but it started in safe mode. restarted after that, took only a few seconds. everything's fine.

*edit: i'm on redsn0w; not sure which version, but it's one of the first ones for 4.3.1

9. cheesyappleuser macrumors 6502a

cheesyappleuser

I forgot to mention: first times my 3GS runned in SpringBoard's safe mode.
    (hope I'm saying this right; I just have my iPhone since Monday :p)

10. Orion126 macrumors regular

I have noticed thus as well to the point I keep thinking that the phone has frozen.

11. rans0m00 macrumors 6502

Same issue I am about to start going through my cydia installed apps and make sure none of them are the issue... I only have about 8 which are the only reason I JB to begin with so hopefully they are not the issue. I also went with redsn0w. If there is a way to do it through pwnage I will try it out if removing the apps doesn't work. Other odd thing for mine is when closing multiple apps it tends to freeze. So extremely long boot time and freezes on app closings.

12. FortWorthMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's exactly been my thinking.

I'll check to see which tool I used and post it back here in just a bit.

I do know it was the first one released and does not have the custom boot logo.

Thanks
    David