Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MoodyM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Sometime ago I created an Apple ID xxxx@yahoo.com. When I moved over to MobileMe for my email, etc, I created a new Apple ID with yyyy@me.com, but sicne I'd bought loads of apps using xxxx@yahoo.com, I kept it in use too. I added my yyyy@me.com as the primary email address for my xxxx@yahoo.com, so that any emails came through to my MobileMe account, since I didn't actually use my Yahoo account for email.

Now I want to more or less abandon my Yahoo Apple ID and just use my MobileMe one.

Problem is I'm trying to sign in to FaceTime on my Mac and iPad 2 as yyyy@me.com, but it won't let me since yyyy@me.com is already a verified email address on another Apple ID (my Yahoo one)

How do I totally remove any reference to my yyyy@me.com email address from my xxxx@yahoo.com Apple ID?

I tried going to appleid.apple.com and making changes there, but it doesn't save - it just reverts back to the previous settings.

Thanks

xaviersun

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2011
Sometime ago I created an Apple ID xxxx@yahoo.com. When I moved over to MobileMe for my email, etc, I created a new Apple ID with yyyy@me.com, but sicne I'd bought loads of apps using xxxx@yahoo.com, I kept it in use too. I added my yyyy@me.com as the primary email address for my xxxx@yahoo.com, so that any emails came through to my MobileMe account, since I didn't actually use my Yahoo account for email.

Now I want to more or less abandon my Yahoo Apple ID and just use my MobileMe one.

Problem is I'm trying to sign in to FaceTime on my Mac and iPad 2 as yyyy@me.com, but it won't let me since yyyy@me.com is already a verified email address on another Apple ID (my Yahoo one)

How do I totally remove any reference to my yyyy@me.com email address from my xxxx@yahoo.com Apple ID?

I tried going to appleid.apple.com and making changes there, but it doesn't save - it just reverts back to the previous settings.

Thanks

I got the exactly same problem.

Does anyone know how to fix the problem?

I don't think Apple Care will help us to fix that.

Thanks

MoodyM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Go through Apple's MobileMe live chat support (even if you don't have MobileMe). They helped me by escalating it to Apple Engineers.

They're still dealing with it, they can't find out exactly what's causing it but they say it's definitely a problem at their end

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.