Unwanted App?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DamGood, Oct 28, 2014.

1. DamGood macrumors newbie

I downloaded the Badoo desktop app and tried to delete it but the little x in the upper corner won't appear and no matter how or where I search for it, I can't find any Badoo files in either downloads, apps, or any other file in finder. I didn't have to sign into the app, it just gives me notifications whenever I get a match or message but I no longer want the app. Again I've tried to manually search every folder and there's nothing so I'm wondering how I can go about deleting the app.

2. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

Not to be too sarcastic, but there's this thing called Google. A quick search of uninstall Badoo came up with this result - direct from the horses....well, you know.

3. DamGood thread starter macrumors newbie

Not to be a jerk but you clearly didn't read what I wrote. The directions given on the website say to drag it from the applications folder to the trash. I can't. It DOES NOT SHOW UP IN MY APPLICATIONS FOLDER. Clear enough? I need something other than the typical ways to delete an app.

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

A default Finder search won't find all hidden or system files on a Mac.

Tr yinstalling the free app iFileX that will find those files by default.

Then do a safe mode boot by holding the shift key when you reboot. This will stop any startup items from running. Then use the iFileX app to search for anything bad. Restart after.

5. DamGood thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you so much. This did the trick and now I am completely rid of it. It has been bugging me forever so I truly appreciate this.