unwanted bootloader on settings panel

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rookiecookie, Mar 11, 2011.

1. rookiecookie macrumors newbie

oh god what have i done. new to pwange, happy with result except after finally removing greenpoison bootlogo, replacing with apple bootlogo. there is now a Bootloader option on the Settings Panel of the Iphone. I guess they think its nice in case you want to switch back and forth but I dont want it there at all. I dont remember [I]which[/I] cydia app i used and now after updating my apple software cydia has dissapeared from my interface altogether. annoying. i can get cydia back but how the hell do i get rid of "bootloader"?

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

So, let me see if i followed you, you JBed your phone, installed some JB app, them decided you don't want it, and did an upgrade of your firmware...now with a fresh firmware you got some "option" on your setting panel that reads "bootloader" and you want to get rid of it? is that right?

do you have a screenshot of that setting that you can share with us?

Did you do just an upgrade? try doing a "restore" and don't restore from your backup, if it is anything related with a Jailbraking app, it will be gone that way.

3. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Uninstall the package named "animate" in Cydia. That is greenpois0n's bootlogo tool and is what is putting that unwanted option there.

4. Davalaus macrumors newbie

Davalaus

every time you update your firmware, you will lose Cydia, and you will have to wait until a new jailbreak software comes out that can jailbreak your new firmware. So in order to get Cydia back, you will have to rejailbreak again

5. rookiecookie thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks all

yep, i've spent all day restoring and backing up my phone, because the jailbreak wont work now. not even sure i can get cydia again. can try to send a pic through of the bootloader option tonight. just to be clear it is not a *bootlogo problem but this thing called bootloader stuck on the settings panel. that's all i know so i can try the other suggestions here, thanks again

6. kre62 macrumors 68000

Sync all your contacts, notes, and other info. Copy your pictures to the hard drive. Copy the file sms.db to your desktop from var/molbile/library/sms/, then restore. Set up as a new iPhone, don't restore from backup. Then sync all your stuff over like apps and contacts. Jailbreak. Replace sms.db file in previously mentioned folder. Use iFile on the iPhone to change the priveleges of that file to read, write, execute. Open your text app, all your texts should be back.

This is the best way to set up as a new iphone, but keep most of your stuff.

Use ifunbox for easy transfering of the sms file, dont screw around with ssh.