Unwanted calls on your cell phone

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SamIchi, Apr 28, 2008.

1. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

It seems like they are becoming more frequent, I haven't given my cell number to any random companies that I'm aware of. Usually just a some spam on a tape recording. It's especially annoying when I'm sleeping.

Anyone getting these?

2. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

No, nothing here. Apart from the occasional survey (one every other month, maybe). But I turn off my phone at night.

3. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

No annoying calls for me — UK O2 — but my BT landline is another story… :mad: :eek:

I would gladly give it up, but apparently it needs to be hooked to the SKY+ box… hummm.

4. jb60606 macrumors 6502a

there is a do-not-call registry for cell phones now, if you're in the US. I believe they have something similar in Canada as well, if that's where you reside.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I've had the same mobile number for 9 years now and I don't get any spam calls. There was a time in 2002 where I did but it's been clear sailing ever since.

6. erickkoch macrumors 6502a

I've gotten a few over the years but none recently. If they ate into my allotted minutes per month then I'd be really pissed.

7. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

Just recently my phone contract expired and I have had two or three calls a day from shifty third parties wanting to sell me a new phone.

8. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

9. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

10. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I've gotten a few voice mails from the Chicago area, all of them in Spanish. :confused:

11. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I believe in the US it is against the law to call cell phones like that. Report them. Cells by default are on the do not call list.

12. bbbensen macrumors 6502

I once had a message from a local (Hawaii) guy talking thick pidgin (If you dont know what that is, look it up on YouTube) yelling "YOU KICK MAH DOG!!! I KILL YOU, I KILL YOU!!!!!!!!!!!1!!11!!" for about 5 min. It was quite scary, as I was only in 6th grade. The funny thing is that I never kicked a dog...... :confused:

13. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

While adding your cellphone to the National Do Not Call Registry may add some additional protection, FCC regulations already forbid most telemarketing calls to cell phones.

14. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

If I don't know the number, I don't answer. Easier when its a work phone. :p

15. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

i get the same stupid timeshare call, im not even qualified to BUY a timeshare...what really bugs me is calls to my pay as you go phone i just dont answer it if its not someone i know