Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

frankj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2008
I have a dual G5 and two apple keyboards, one wireless, both always running. Sometimes I'll get an endless repeat of whatever key I push, and I can only get this behavior to stop by rebooting. I was wondering if there is some combo I inadvertently hit that causes this of if there is some glitch that can be fixed.

Any help is greatly appreciated

merl1n

macrumors 65816
Mar 30, 2008
New Jersey, USA
I have a dual G5 and two apple keyboards, one wireless, both always running. Sometimes I'll get an endless repeat of whatever key I push, and I can only get this behavior to stop by rebooting. I was wondering if there is some combo I inadvertently hit that causes this of if there is some glitch that can be fixed.

Any help is greatly appreciated

I used to see this issue with the previous generation wireless apple keyboards. I have never seen it with the wired keyboards.

What I used to do, when I ran into this issue, was to quickly turn off the wireless keyboard with the power switch on the bottom of the keyboard until the typed repeating characters stopped on my screen. Then I turned the keyboard back on again and deleted the characters.

I have stopped using the wireless keyboards since that time and now I use the newer apple wired keyboards and love them (I have multiple systems).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.