unwanted right click feature.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nospectacle, Apr 2, 2011.

1. nospectacle macrumors newbie

Hello fine people,

I had to prematurely upgrade my laptop and I now have the MacBook Pro with the enhanced (and minimalist) trackpad. I am really unimpressed with it. But the most infuriating thing is the unwanted right click feature. This is particularly a problem when I am doing something in Ableton Live - and all I want to do is select and click a track - but instead I get the right click option - with the choices to delete etc....

If I wanted to right click I'd use a mouse or a combo with the control key. It seems like it should be a feature that I can turn off - but I don't see it anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

chris

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

System Preferences-Trackpad and uncheck "Secondary Click" (in one and/or two finger sections depending on which is annoying you)

3. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    took me a while to adjust to the trackpad.. only been using mac osx since dec 2010 (well 31st dec lol); but i have to say, after a few months, i sold my mouse and brought an external keyboard+trackpad... i love the track pad now
    couldnt live with out them... have them attached with the 12south connector thing so i can lounge on my couch and use the keyboard/trackpad 10ft away

i set the lower right part of the trackpad as a secondary click, or u can set 2 finger click as secondary click, its so much more versatile than pc trackpads

4. nospectacle thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks to both of you. I have to say as much as I like my mac environment, I get a bit squirrelly when they make changes.... something about old dogs and new tricks....
    :)