Unwanted sync of mail/wireless settings iMac/MBA

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by canuckle, Oct 28, 2013.

1. canuckle macrumors regular

Upgraded both my iMac and MBA to Mavericks, and it synced both to be the same. I had mail accounts on MBA that I don't want or need on the iMac, and wireless settings on the MBA that I don't need on iMac. Is there a toggle to prevent this?

Thanks

2. canuckle thread starter macrumors regular

So, a little more information, and a couple of questions...

I've noticed that if I change something on my network settings on my MBA that the settings get replicated on my iMac. For obvious reasons I don't what that, the iMac is hardwired, and I use it for site surveys via inssider as I live in a congested area and need to change 2.4GHz channels often. I would like the iMac to be able to SEE the networks but not connect. But because the settings are being copied from the MBA, the iMac syncs up and joins my home network on the wireless profile from the MBA.

I also have a work email account on my MBA that I don't want on the iMac, but same deal as above happens.

Is this a iCloud keychain thing? is there ANY way to prevent only the wifi and email settings from replicating on both machines?

Much thanks.

Mike

3. canuckle thread starter macrumors regular

Update, I still have not found a workable solution for this issue. Is there a keychain solution to this issue? Seems that I should be able to not have my iMac automatically connect to a wireless profile just because I connect to that profile on my iPhone and iPad .

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I turned iCloud keychain sync off because off because of the very issue you described here. Have not found a solution.

5. canuckle thread starter macrumors regular

Wow, kind of flies in the face of its purpose, no?

6. Alrescha macrumors 68020

You can disable accounts in Mail on OS X and they will effectively disappear from the interface. The disabled setting does not propagate across iCloud Keychain.

I do not have any solution for the Wi-Fi issue, but I have to admit it does not effect me (I have 'ask to join' turned on everywhere, so the only networks in my keychain are ones I have chosen to trust).

A.

7. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Yep... I agree.