Unwanted update symbol showing on Iphone Appstore icon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by meetraj, Oct 30, 2008.

1. meetraj macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I have an update on Appstore in Iphone(which I already updated from itunes),but the original app in Iphone was deleted by me.(actually I don't want to,but to remove the update symbol on App store I thought of deleted whole App and then install again.but later I found out that app changed from Free app to 6$ App.:( .
    So my question is how to remove update symbol on AppStore icon in IPhone now.

Cheers,
    Raj.

2. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

If you got it when it was free, the update will be free. I updated Air Sharing AFTER the price increase and it was free to update. Go ahead and click the update button, it will tell you "This update it free because you already purchased this item" or something along those lines. It won't cost you anything.

3. meetraj thread starter macrumors newbie

mmhh..so you got it,that I am talking about Air sharing.The problem here is I already deleted the app(my bad).But,still I can see the update symbol on AppStore Icon in Iphone and when I click 'install' on that update,it is showing 'unable to update ,try it from your itunes on PC/Mac' something like this.
    In itunes I still have this App,but when I sync it,it is showing 'unable to put this app in Iphone due to unknown reason ux001' something like.

so now what ? :(

[​IMG]

4. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Restart the iPhone, then open AppStore and Check for Updates again. See if that clears the error.

5. meetraj thread starter macrumors newbie

Done already.No use.Still I can see the update symbol on APPStore icon in Iphone.

basically I think my Iphone and my itunes are not in sync in this case.When I updated from itunes,its gone from updates avaliable tab in itunes.but in Iphone it is not recognizing that I already updated it through itunes.So its still showing the update.

Usually I don't like to see number on the icons in Iphone.thats why frequently I will read all the mails from my inbox.But,I could not figure it out how to get rid of this thing :(

[​IMG]