Unwarranted Activity?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by gwhizkids, Jan 5, 2016.

1. gwhizkids macrumors 68020

gwhizkids

I got my AW SS for Christmas. I was off work until yesterday and during my time off just did holiday things around town and a couple of workouts at the gym. Doing those things, i was getting used to having to work relatively hard to fill in my activity rings each day.

I got back to work yesterday and the movement and calorie rings filled up in no time flat. I work in an office. That being said, I do move around a fair amount, including a lengthy walk to the cafeteria (perhaps 1000' each way). Should this account for the increased activity? Or did the activity app just perceive that my relatively sluggish ways over Christmas was my "normal" and, hence, it set a low bar?

Just wondering!

2. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

The watch will suggest a new calorie goal every Monday morning, based on your prior activity. So, it is possible that the bar was very low going in, and that you are blowing it away at work. If you open the activity app on the watch, and then scroll right to the first calorie ring, it will tell you the daily goal. For a quick frame of reference, mine is now at 350, and i was almost entirely sedentary over the holidays.

3. gwhizkids thread starter macrumors 68020

gwhizkids

Makes sense. Mine is at 370; previously, it was 350. I just want this to be meaningful, and not "everyone gets a trophy"!

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I work in an office also. After a full day of going to lunch, getting coffee and talking to people regarding work at their desks I fill up around 75% of my move ring and I have it set to 500. I usually come home and go for a walk to finish up the ring.