Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mo4yajunk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2008
I get an error that says Unable to unarchive (Error 1 - Operation not permitted.)

The reason I believe I am getting this error is because the zip has a password on it and the archiver that mac uses doesn't seem to want to open it to let me enter the password. How do I get to open this. I was able to successfully open this file on a PC (which is how I realized what the problem may be). Any suggestions for the future. Thanks

SOLVED IT. DOESN'T WORK WITH PASSWORDS. WILL USE THE UNARCHIVER WHICH WORKS FINE. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE!

MurphyM

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2007
I think the unzip command that comes with your Mac (Terminal) will handle password zip files. More on zip here.

I like the Terminal one because it doesn't make the weird folders you see in some OS X gui created archives.

sharpeiboy

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2008
This may help

I found this thread while searching for the same problem.

I was trying to uncompress by Control-clicking on the file and I kept getting the same error you explained above.

When I took the same compressed file and dragged it on StuffIt Expander, it decompressed the folder without any problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.