Unzip Files

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JordanLB23, Mar 23, 2008.

1. JordanLB23 macrumors regular

What is a good mac alternative to winrar? i need to unzip some files. thx

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

3. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

Why people still recommend this one is beyond me. It has problems associating itself with the correct file types and then takes a big fat dump when you try and open something.

Edit: I do see it's marked for updated Leopard compatibility. Perhaps it's fixed.

4. TheStu macrumors 65816

The last time I had a problem with Unarchiver was with some weird RAR that would only unpack in Windows, which means it really wasn't a problem with Unarchiver. I guess what I am saying is that I have never had a problem with Unarchiver.

5. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

I had a few problems and asked about them at some point and was told it was a problem with the app.

I'm testing it and it seems to work ok now, though file associations are still a bit weird.

Edit: Yeah. The file association icon is wonky? I can move the file into my downloads and it'll change the icon to an unarchiver icon, but I move it to my desktop, documents or elsewhere it goes to a blank bit of paper. Interestingly enough if I drag it to my dock it turns into an unarchiver icon again.

Here's the original archive on my desktop and here it is shortcutted to the dock.

Annoying.

Attached Files:

6. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

7. JordanLB23 thread starter macrumors regular

how do i use stuffit expander?

i got all thrse r00 files

8. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

There should be one called filename.rar. Just click that one and it will unpack the archive into 1 file.