Unziping Files

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Alkalidodo, May 2, 2011.

1. Alkalidodo macrumors member

Honourable Mambers,

I have an application which i want to unzip and do not know how to go about it.Help.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Double-click on a .zip file. The uncompress function is already in your Mac.

3. simsaladimbamba

If it is a .zip file, double click on it, as Mac OS X can extract .zip files natively. If that doesn't work or if it is not a .zip file, take a look at The Unarchiver.

4. fcbrazil2014 macrumors newbie

Thank you.

I was told to Unzip it differently.. Open Terminal.. copy and paste stuff.. but it didn't work... i dind't know how simple and easy it was.. just doble click on the .zip folder and "the uncompress function is already in your Mac.".. ok but now I have another problem now there is another Icon that appears on my desktop which the result of the .unzip file.. which I tried to do the same ( doble click) but the terminal opens and it says:cannot execute binary file logout [process completed] so . now what can I do... this file I'ts been difficult to get it. and I have to make it work.. some help Please.. ty

5. Hansr macrumors 6502a

What is the file?

6. snaky69 macrumors 603

What extension is the file, what exactly are you downloading?

7. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

Is it a Windows only file type? I've used a program in the past called Zipeg. Basically you download the file, the open Zipeg. Use Zipeg's interface to navigate to the file and then unzip. I used it while monkeying with updating the firmware on my 2006 Mac Pro's DVD drive.

Before you go through all that though, right click on the file. Select "get info" and look at the file extension. Does it end in ".zip"? If so, just click into the field on the window and backspace to delete the ".zip" extension. Close the window then try to open the file again from the desktop.