Unzipping files for OS X Lion

Discussion in 'macOS' started by B.LI, Dec 3, 2011.

1. B.LI macrumors regular

Looking for a good and reliable program for unzipping files for os x lion, any suggestions please?

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

3. writerdianalee macrumors newbie

Stuffit Expander

I had the stuffit expander on my iBook - I don't know how to "use" it though - it just sits there when I click on it, and nothing at all happens when I drag my zip files into it. I downloaded a different version, and have now confused myself and probably my PPC. I have OS X 10.4.11 600 MHz PPC G3. A few years back I can't recall why, I had a Mac techy fiddle with my machine - which is really just a toy, I use a PC for everything, really - and can't remember what I had him do, and didn't understand what he did. So I'm not sure if all the versions I'm seeing are correct. I think I'll take it back to him, but if anyone can explain how to "use the Stuffit," I'd really appreciate that. I'm a little baffled.

----------

FYI - I'm trying to use an Adobe Flash version that's appropriate for my PPC, and that has what has embarked me on all these other adventures and finds. The latest flash file has downloaded into a zip filed and I'm not sure how to install it. Someone suggested using Stuffit, but I don't know how to use it.

4. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

OS X can natively expand zip archives without any add on software. Double click the zip file and a folder will "appear" which is the name of the zip file without the zip extension. Inside that folder are the contents of the zip file.