Unzipping files on iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by djstarrock, Dec 28, 2007.

1. djstarrock macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

Hi, Is it possible to unzip files on the iPod itself?

2. touchkid macrumors member

yep :)

I have used this method and it works:
    Install on your ipod "term-vt100"
    Install this source: iPhone.r4m0n.net/repos, from that source, install: CLU - zip

Once you've done that, open up the term-vt100 application, and type in: unzip /xxxxx.zip (that's just an example) replace xxxxx with the name of your zip file. If, for example, your zip is under applications, type in this: unzip /Applications/xxxxx.zip.

I hope that all made sense :) :)

3. djstarrock thread starter macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

Thanks that worked great I'm just wondering if there is a shortcut to /private/var/root/ all of that because it takes a bit of time to type.

4. touchkid macrumors member

lol yer it does take a while to type, you could just move the zip file using mobile finder so it isn't under so many folders...

5. djstarrock thread starter macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

I figured it out all you have to type is ~/ then what you want thats equivalent to /private/var/root/.

6. touchkid macrumors member

7. thevaultway macrumors newbie

There's an easier way (If your itouch is jailbroken). Just download ishare, make a sendspace account and upload all the files you want from your computer and download them into your itouch whenever you feel like it (You can browse through the directories to place where the download will take place).

8. touchkid macrumors member

Sorry, but how does that help the what the OP needs ?? :)

9. AndrewVenner macrumors member

Okay, so I've got unzip, typed in unzip /Downloads/Final.zip (I'm trying to unzip a ROM).

Says "replace EUR-FFTU.GBA?" [y]es, [n]o, etc. How do I unzip the file fully?

Also, how long should this process take, and how will I know when it's done?