Up and running i7Mac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by BarkingGhost, Oct 31, 2011.

1. BarkingGhost macrumors regular

Ok, I finally got around to unboxing the wife's new i7Mac that I bought her Friday afternoon (been a long weekend of social activities). I went ahead and did the system updates (1.42GB on the first one), which included a couple of Thunderbolt and a couple of EFI.

Apparently (AFAIK), all went well. :) When no new system updates were available, I noticed the app store had one--iPhoto for 762MB. Got'r done, and now learning the Mac way of life. First thing I learned was the Command+D to save bookmarks (like this site).

Next up is to start setting up the wife's email (from Thunderbird), migrate her iTunes stuff, and then move over her pictures.

2. N0ddie macrumors 6502

N0ddie

Glad your enjoying it mate. Our 27" i7 iMac comes on Friday (Hopefully) and cant wait.

Not looking forward to the big updates though on my pants internet connection :(

3. BarkingGhost thread starter macrumors regular

Will you be migrating from another Mac? I just discovered what appears to be a limitation (for me/wife) in Mail's import wizard. Gets the messages, but not the account settings when importing from Thunderbird.