Up-To-Date Confusion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Ephmreal, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Ephmreal macrumors newbie

I'm a little confused about the wording of Apple's Up-TYo-Date 'policy' on its main site. In one sentence it says that you "must request their Up-to-Date upgrade within 30 days of purchase of their Mac computer" but in the next sentence it states that you "have 30 days from Lion’s official release date to make a request". What happens then, if someone say buys their make on the 7th of June, but Lion isnt released until say the 20th of July? Will that person have missed their chance because they missed the "30 days from purchase" rule as stated in the first sentence, or will they still be able to get it based on the "30 days from Lion's release" rule as stated in the second sentence?

2. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

IMO, Depends when you buy your Mac

If you buy it before Lion comes out, and get an upgrade to Lion for Free, you get 30 days from the release of Lion

If you buy your Mac after Lion comes out, and get the free upgrade to Lion, you have 30 days from purchase

3. Ephmreal thread starter macrumors newbie

But...?

But surely Macs after Lion's release will have Lion pre-installed... no?

4. Hansr macrumors 6502a

Not to start off with, old stock won't have it.

You basically are allowed to request up to date if you bought within a month of Lion release or after it. And you have a month from Lion's release date to make that claim.

5. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

I wouldn't expect all of them

There will be loads of Macs still in warehouses etc that still have SL on them, which will still be being sold in next few months

6. Ephmreal thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks.. and...

Thanks for the replies :)

I've heard a few mixed reviews on Lion... what are your guys' opinions of what it'll be like?