Up To Date & Drop In Disc

Discussion in 'macOS' started by FriDay85, Nov 22, 2007.

1. FriDay85 macrumors member

I have had my iMac for a week now and i'm pretty happy with it.

It came with the Drop In Disc to upgrade to Leopard, and the two 10.4.10 OSX installation discs.

If i pay for the Up To Date disc is it the same as the £85 version with the fancy holographic box, containing the full version of Leopard?

Where as with the Drop in disc is just an upgrade?

If i had to restore could i use the Up To Date disc or would i have to use the 10.4.10 disc to revert back to Tiger then use the Drop-In Disc again to install Leopard?

Replies appreciated, cheers!:)

2. wakerider017 macrumors 68000

wakerider017

The up to date is the same as drop in...

I have both.

3. LouisBlack macrumors 6502

There is no upgrade version. Leopard will show the upgrade option by default when you have Tiger already installed. You can do an erase and install or archive and install but you have to choose it from a menu.

All versions of Leopard are the same.

4. wakerider017 macrumors 68000

wakerider017

Technically there is an "upgrade version"

With the up to date and the drop in versions, a previous installation of OSX must be found on your computer.

5. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

And to add to the this if you use Disk Utility to do a full erase, reformat and install and then proceed with the install process if you forget something and hit the back button the UTD (drop-in) disc will check for a previous install of OS X and at this point it won't see it so you will have to stop and reinstall your previous copy of OS X.

6. LouisBlack macrumors 6502

wow... sorry, I stand corrected.

It makes it a bit annoying if you ever have a complete hard drive failure... or upgrade your HD - you'll have to install Tiger first.