Up-to-date won't recognize my serial :/

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by hodgey1989, Aug 26, 2009.

1. hodgey1989 macrumors member

I got a new MBP 5 days ago and ever since i've been trying to enter into the up-to-date program but ever time i do it says serial number not found. If i enter my serial into another section of the apple site it tells me my warranty info no problem.

Anyone else had the same issues, what did you do to solve it??

Any help is much appreciated :)

2. 2056 macrumors 6502

sorry that i'm no help, but i'm in the same boat and just purchased mine almost two weeks ago. i was thinking maybe because mine is a refurb mbp.

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

4. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

5. hodgey1989 thread starter macrumors member

Never-mind, just found a dead pixel on my display. Bringing it back to the store on friday and have been told ill receive the upgrade disc there and then.
    ^^Thanks for you help anyway :)

6. Petrichor macrumors newbie

Right now,

It seems that the problem is simply due to the servers being swamped on the up-to-date-page (too many people requesting at once). Ironic, since the actual OS itself has been set up to download extremely smoothly, but some people (in the up-to-date-boat) can't get to that point :D

Just in case anyone else has this problem, your serial number, etc, is probably valid, and in the worst case scenario you could call them, update now by paying, and then have them give you a refund within 24 hours. But for now, I would just wait, and try again in a little while. Either way, don't pay for no reason :)