Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mctheriot

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Baton Rouge, LA
Ok, Im sure I'm missing something really easy here, but I can't figure out what the heck this does!

Clicking the ruler on the lower left brings up two "control buttons". I can press them and see the change and can move them around on the screen - but how does that help me show a ruler or draw a shape??

If this is stupidly obvious, sorry about that - I just can't see it!!

MT

jdavidx

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2011
uPad ruler mode - hold down the button

Hold down the button with one finger, draw the shape with another finger.

MrPeripatetic

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2009
How to use the new shapes and ruler function in Upad

Ok, Im sure I'm missing something really easy here, but I can't figure out what the heck this does!

Clicking the ruler on the lower left brings up two "control buttons". I can press them and see the change and can move them around on the screen - but how does that help me show a ruler or draw a shape??

MT

I initially had the same problem. It appeared not to work (there wasn't any documentation, which didn't help), so I gave it a one star review. I subsequently figured it out and revised my review.

Here's what to do:

1. Activate the ruler/shape buttons.

2. Press the shape button until it shows the shape you would like to draw.

The crucial step:

Either:

3a. Press and HOLD the shape button and free draw your shape while continuing to hold the shape button until you've completed drawing it. You must release the shape button to complete the drawing of the shape.

or

3b. Press and HOLD the ruler button to draw a snap-to-grid shape. Release the ruler button to complete the drawing of the shape.

Once you've tried it successfully, it's actually pretty easy.

Hope that helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.