Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
I'd love to see an App that puts something in General settings to mute the whole system with one flip of a switch...silence the ringer, keyboard clicks, music, applications, etc.

Umm, isn't that the point of the rocker switch on the left?

dccorona

macrumors 68020
Jun 12, 2008
Umm, isn't that the point of the rocker switch on the left?

applications, such as games, that have sound effects to them have their own volume that isnt affected by the silence switch. it will play even with the switch set to silence. same with the iPod

Lostatsea3

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2008
Is there a way to have your own music playing over the game? (I haven't tried anything so it might work anyways... but would the games sounds and your music conflict or play at the same time?)

Dimwhit

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2007
applications, such as games, that have sound effects to them have their own volume that isnt affected by the silence switch. it will play even with the switch set to silence. same with the iPod

Thanks. I wasn't sure, but I thought that switch only silenced the ringer.

bmh16

macrumors regular
May 5, 2008
South Wales, UK
Is there a way to have your own music playing over the game? (I haven't tried anything so it might work anyways... but would the games sounds and your music conflict or play at the same time?)

For texas hold'em i've tried it, turned the ingame music off in the menu screen, then double tapped the home button and press play, so you would have to find what music you would want to play before the game starts, should work for other games if it works for this one.

askthedust

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2003
enlightenment
Eagerly awaiting this app

iCall, a VOIP app, should be coming soon, but the developers haven't given us any sort of release date.

This will allow me to get rid of vonage and have the best phone and reception in my house.

Please apple let this one through the bottleneck!

Tara Luvs Apple

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2008
For texas hold'em i've tried it, turned the ingame music off in the menu screen, then double tapped the home button and press play, so you would have to find what music you would want to play before the game starts, should work for other games if it works for this one.

Doubling tapping the home screen button does not always access your iPod. You can change it to just staying at your home screen or to your phone favorites. Personally, I do not have it so it accesses my iPod.

This is not towards you, but this is an upcoming applications thread, so what does turning the music off while playing applications have to do with applications that are out yet?

mekopolis

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2008
yahtzee with the Motion X Technology -- see MotionX Poker for an example

a Topo Map, much like Sketches, but around Topo Maps that allow GPS locations, of Wifi Triangulation for now for the touch, and the ability to draw on it and save...calcuate distances, add POI's, elevation..etc...

mekopolis

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2008
or, a program that accesses your music [probably violates the TOS] but to change the song, just shake it...you can call it shake musak

it would probably lose its appeal real quick though

i305

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2008
I believe Spore is said to be coming out in September.

I'm never really sure when to talk about my own apps on here but I have a few...

I suppose I'll just talk about the one that should be on today or real soon since it was submitted early this week.

Briefly...
It will give you the nutritional information of different restaurants. So you pick your restaurant and you get their menu and then you can also add it to your "plate" which can store things maybe such as... A burger, fries, a drink and a dessert. Then it will add together all of those nutritional facts for you. I'll attach a couple screenshots to give you better ideas.
wow. that would be nice to have. How much? Not sure yet?

marksman

macrumors 603
Jun 4, 2007
This will allow me to get rid of vonage and have the best phone and reception in my house.

Please apple let this one through the bottleneck!

I hope people realize that VOIP on the iPhone will not be that useful for incoming calls. Maybe when Push comes about, but until then, with no background apps unless you keep the VOIP app up all the time it will not receive calls.

Hopefully push will fix that.

Tara Luvs Apple

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2008
yahtzee with the Motion X Technology -- see MotionX Poker for an example

a Topo Map, much like Sketches, but around Topo Maps that allow GPS locations, of Wifi Triangulation for now for the touch, and the ability to draw on it and save...calcuate distances, add POI's, elevation..etc...

I said to my husband the other day that I want a Yahtzee application. That is my all-time favorite game!!

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
I e-mailed keyoe.com last week. They make Diet & Exercise Assistant for Palm and Pocket PC. I love the program, and have been using it for several years. Anyway, they're planning on releasing an iPhone version soon. It wasn't ready by the launch date, but they assured me it would be soon. I hope it's ready by next month, when I'm planning on buying my 3G.

Like I said, I've been using it on my Treo for several years, and I've never had any complaints. Never crashed my Treo, unlike some other long-abandoned apps, and I love the fact that it's completely customizable. You can set your own dietary goals (low carb, low fat, diabetic, etc.), add new foods to the already extensive database, keep track of your BP, add new exercises, whatever you like.

(no, I don't work for them) ;)

Siriosys

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2007
New Zealand
What about Datacase?

Datacase - I saw a preview for this over at Engadget.

It enables your iPod Touch or iPhone to act as a wireless external HD so you can move files between a computer and your pocket-portable apple hardware...VERY nice looking App.

http://www.veiosoft.com/

Due out at the end of July I think

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.