Upcoming Firmware and January Upgrade...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by batchelert, Feb 19, 2008.

1. batchelert macrumors newbie

With the up coming iPod touch firmware upgrade, something i've been wondering for a while is wether or not there will be different upgrades for different users. What i mean by that is that i bought the January upgrade and am hoping that i am not going to have to pay again for any added funcitonality. Does anyone know if now that we have paid for the upgrade we dont need to pay again like iphone users?
    Thanks

2. jbarr macrumors regular

Your guess is as good as any. Apple is in the business of making money, but they also need to keep their customer bas happy. I'm speculating, of course, but my guess is that likely, the next upgrade will be concurrent with the SDK release and will be free (the upgrade, not necessarily the SDK.) And likely, applications will be distributed through iTunes, a source of revenue for Apple. No one outside Apple knows for sure what the cost of iTunes-delivered apps will be, but my guess is that they will be modestly-priced. New features will probably cost you something in some form or another.