Upcoming Hulu App Interface Changes Aim to Simplify Navigation and Aid Discoverability

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 10, 2019.

1. MrGuder macrumors 68030

How?
    Just like all corporations they have roundtables and say we want all your opinions about this and they don’t really listen the big shots and executives call all the shots whether it’s a good idea or not. Make the employees feel like their giving valuable feedback then the execs still do what they want.

2. CarlJ macrumors 68030

CarlJ

I gave up on Hulu's current generation of UI (but not on the service), at least on the Apple TV, and have been happily watching shows on Hulu, Netflix, and iTunes using WatchAid as a front-end (a task that ought to be handled by Apple's "TV" app, but I find it a little too imposing, on the order in which it thinks I should watch things, and various other bits). The WatchAid app has a list of the shows I watch, and the seasons/episodes I've seen of each. I go into the app, choose a show, watch an episode or two (it redirects into the right spot in the appropriate service-specific app), then back to WatchAid afterwards where the episodes get marked as watched, and I can choose what to watch next. And the interface only shows the shows I've chosen to watch, nothing else. Clean and simple.