Upcoming iMac 27" Features? When to buy

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jcchristopher, Mar 18, 2010.

1. jcchristopher macrumors newbie

I have a 24" iMac (2.8 Core 2) and am thinking about when to upgrade to a new 27". I thought I'd take advantage of Apple's no interest financing promotion but didn't want to take the plunge immediately if there were any new "must have" features that are worth waiting for.
    Also do think there's much of a difference between an i5 and an i7.
    Thanks for your thoughts,

John

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

If you are going finance you may as well stretch your budget and go for the best machine you can, in this case the i7. It should hopefully last longer. Regarding upgrades nobody really knows, as a random guess I would say late summer.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Blu-Ray is something that people have been waiting for but there is no proof we will see it. If you're getting i5/i7, just buy now because we won't see new CPUs in high-end due the fact that they are the fastest suitable for the iMac. Probably new GPUs but 4850 is already the one of the best ones available so nothing significant in that category either.

Nobody knows for sure though so it's up to you

4. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

King Steve doesn't like Blue Ray, much like the way he doesn't like Flash. So I wouldn't wait if that is the only thing you are waiting for.