Upcoming IPhone

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Macnificant, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Macnificant macrumors 6502a

If they release a new IPhone in the fall most of us who purchased the IPhone 4 on release date about a year ago will be 6-9 months away from the 2 year contract date.

Do you think Apple will wave the remaining months if we purchase the new IPhone?

2. i0Nic, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011

i0Nic macrumors 65816

Your contract is with the carrier not Apple, it's up to them if they decide to wave anything, which is unlikely.

Here in Australia if you plead your case with the carrier they might wave the last 2-3 months for you to get you on a new contract and keep you from going to a competitor. However in Australia there is more competition especially with the iPhone being on all carriers so not sure if it applies to the US.

Edit - I forgot to mention but over here some of the carriers will allow you to just pay out the remaining cost of the phone itself, and then put you on a new 1 or 2 year contract. That's only if you want to stay with the same carrier otherwise you'll have to pay out the contract.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its not up to apple but the carrier. AT&T did it when the IP4 was released but I think they did that because they saw the writing on the wall, i.e., exclusive contract with apple ending. When Verizon got the IP4 they did not alter anyone's contract in fact they did the opposite and removed the new every two feature.