Upcoming launch of an Ultramobile Mac... Any thoughts?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LeKiD, Oct 14, 2007.

1. LeKiD macrumors regular

LeKiD

Hello guys, just read that on AppleInsider:

By Katie Marsal

Friday, October 12, 2007
    Morgan Stanley ups Apple target, Mac sales estimates

In a bullish research report released Friday, Morgan Stanley raised its price target on shares of Apple Inc. to $180 from $150, but said that the stock could potentially surge as high as $225 given the company's operating leverage and the upcoming launch of an ultramobile Mac.

Any light on this!?

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

My guess is that at WWDC '08, Apple will release an ultraportable without an internal optical drive :)

3. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

This is just what an analyst thinks. They have no more "inside information" than does the general public.

4. LeKiD thread starter macrumors regular

LeKiD

well, I think you have to know something to talk about an Ultramobile mac... not simply mention a refreashment in the Mac Pro

5. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

From links in the article

http://www.appleinsider.com/article...er_ultra_portable_to_get_13_inch_display.html

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

7. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Almost smells like the return of the eBook.

If they can keep the price real low, it would be a killer platform for schools.

Nothing wrong to be based off a full machine instead of a PDA this trip.

8. Not-a-cliche macrumors regular

Apple doesn't do hardware updates at WWDC. Note the name: World Wide DEVELOPERS Conference.

Developing has little to do with releasing new computers. They did the Mac Pro there, but that is something most developers will want to buy.

9. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

Umm, ok.

At this point I think anything is possible at either WWDC or MacWorld for Macs in general. Case in point: last year's MacWorld had absolutely nothing to do with Macs. It was all iPhone and Steve talking about "secret features" in Leopard which still have yet to be revealed.

10. sblasl macrumors 6502a

sblasl

Macbook Nano?

I know this site (macosrumors) lost a lot of it's credibility a long time ago, I accidently hit the wrong bookmark and went to the site accidently last week.

A few things they mention, and this was posted the 1st week in October. They had mentioned the end of the Mac Mini and they also mention a "Macbook Nano".

http://www.macosrumors.com/