Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

localboy28

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
Sounds like the tweak 'fancy'

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/01/03/fancy-an-upcoming-tweak-that-colorizes-ios-7/

ttinc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2013
^ As the top voted comment on Reddit says "it's what fancy should've been"

LosLoco

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2012
This does look to be a more complete tweak than Fancy, which really disappointed me.

The screenshots from that thread shows what I thought I could do with Fancy, which has to go down as one of the biggest tweak-disappointments ever! :)

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012

Thanks.

This does look to be a more complete tweak than Fancy, which really disappointed me.

The screenshots from that thread shows what I thought I could do with Fancy, which has to go down as one of the biggest tweak-disappointments ever! :)

Is it because over fancy just being more of an overlay? Or options what to color? Curious if I should even bother trying fancy which sounded cool when I first heard about it but obviously forgot it until now.

Grolubao

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2008
London, UK
Thanks.

Is it because over fancy just being more of an overlay? Or options what to color? Curious if I should even bother trying fancy which sounded cool when I first heard about it but obviously forgot it until now.

Don't try it, it's a waste of money. Only tweaks certain elements, not system wide. Useless

LosLoco

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2012

Because of the limitations to which parts of the UI you can actually "colour" with Fancy.

ominx

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
I know this thread is about UIColors, but since Fancy came up I thought I would mention that I am pretty happy with Fancy and it works fine for me. The problem is it was slightly misrepresented. It doesn't change all UI colors as this upcoming tweak promises. However, I have no interest in changing the title bar, menu bar or cell element colors. I prefer the iOS 7 gray for these sections and throughout the UI. So if you want colors everywhere, Fancy isn't for you.

Combined with bloard for keyboard color, you can pretty much colorize most of the other elements to your liking. The sliders are tedious, and the use of percentages on the RGB sliders doesn't make any sense. It should be values instead. But having said that, I like how everything looks.

IMG_2199.PNG

ttinc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2013
I know this thread is about UIColors, but since Fancy came up I thought I would mention that I am pretty happy with Fancy and it works fine for me. The problem is it was slightly misrepresented. It doesn't change all UI colors as this upcoming tweak promises. However, I have no interest in changing the title bar, menu bar or cell element colors. I prefer the iOS 7 gray for these sections and throughout the UI. So if you want colors everywhere, Fancy isn't for you.

Combined with bloard for keyboard color, you can pretty much colorize most of the other elements to your liking. The sliders are tedious, and the use of percentages on the RGB sliders doesn't make any sense. It should be values instead. But having said that, I like how everything looks.

View attachment 457631
The new update makes it so you don't need to use bloard in conjunction.

You can convert values to percentage here -- http://andylangton.co.uk/tools/colour-converter

That's what I did from the values I picked in photoshop...pretty darn accurate.

Last edited:

ominx

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
The new update makes it so you don't need to use bloard in conjunction.

You can convert values to percentage here -- http://andylangton.co.uk/tools/colour-converter

That's what I did from the values I picked in photoshop...pretty darn accurate.

Thanks. Updated and the overrides are working now... once I realized I needed to enable the check mark in the upper right. ;) The update actually uninstalled bloard to prevent any conflicts which was good.

Noticed a bug with the dock though. With full transparency a line still exists. I remember that was a problem with DockShift in one of the earlier releases so I'm sure the dev with fix it. Otherwise, nice update.

Thanks for the converter link.

Polaroid

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
Thanks. Updated and the overrides are working now... once I realized I needed to enable the check mark in the upper right. ;) The update actually uninstalled bloard to prevent any conflicts which was good.

Noticed a bug with the dock though. With full transparency a line still exists. I remember that was a problem with DockShift in one of the earlier releases so I'm sure the dev with fix it. Otherwise, nice update.

Thanks for the converter link.

Im so disappointed, its a bit of a mess, like setting black or white solid colour for notification or cc, the text doesn't adjust so you can't see it.

Then there are these weird issues with the transparency bugging out (see picture)

That weird banding/warped effect is what I see on iPad lol

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-22 at 20.00.08.png
    Screen Shot 2014-01-22 at 20.00.08.png
    102.4 KB · Views: 126

ttinc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2013
Im so disappointed, its a bit of a mess, like setting black or white solid colour for notification or cc, the text doesn't adjust so you can't see it.

Ya, it seems like UIColors is going to at least fix that or have the option to change the colors yourself -- either way it is looking to be a lot more promising than Fancy and it also works on 3rd party apps as well.

Polaroid

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
Ya, it seems like UIColors is going to at least fix that or have the option to change the colors yourself -- either way it is looking to be a lot more promising than Fancy and it also works on 3rd party apps as well.

I think Fancy is more aimed at the iPhone interface which has a lot more transparency, such as keyboard etc... iPad has solid keyboard which isn't as nice tbh... it's a shame :(

ttinc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2013
I think Fancy is more aimed at the iPhone interface which has a lot more transparency, such as keyboard etc... iPad has solid keyboard which isn't as nice tbh... it's a shame :(

I have an iphone 4 and ipad 2 -- I have blur enabled on the ipad because it can handle it fine and on my phone, I have increased contrast turned on. Though the keyboard and banners are the two things I don't have Fancy enabled for. Perhaps when UIColors comes, then I'll colorize the keyboard so it can match the rest of the app interface...too much clashing at the moment.

ross1998

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2013
I have an iphone 4 and ipad 2 -- I have blur enabled on the ipad because it can handle it fine and on my phone, I have increased contrast turned on. Though the keyboard and banners are the two things I don't have Fancy enabled for. Perhaps when UIColors comes, then I'll colorize the keyboard so it can match the rest of the app interface...too much clashing at the moment.

Fancy was defiantly a disappointment for me because I thought you would be able to do system wide changes and color the settings app and everything. Uicolors looks promising, to bad the guy isn't excepting anymore beta testers on reddit.

ttinc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2013
Ya, I just downloaded the update for Fancy and sort of wish I hadn't -- it makes the keyboard dark by default if you don't have color applied to it...think I'm just gonna delete it and wait for something more proper (Eclipse or UIColors)

Cancelled
Dec 28, 2012
Ya, I just downloaded the update for Fancy and sort of wish I hadn't -- it makes the keyboard dark by default if you don't have color applied to it...think I'm just gonna delete it and wait for something more proper (Eclipse or UIColors)

Fancy was just a good idea but in the end no lol should have been free :/

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Any update on how these apps are working? I'm interested in trying one, just don't know which. Or is something newer, better out by now?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.