Upcoming vs. Current Macbook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by crisb226, May 28, 2008.

1. crisb226 macrumors newbie

What will be the difference between the current Macbook's chips and the new one's that will be out in July? Will they be much faster or will it not make a difference?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Harder (aluminum), Better (processor/GPU), Faster (chips), Stronger (amount of hard drive space)!

3. xhambonex macrumors 6502a

check the wiki site:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centrino

i don't really get it, but generally I would assume the average user would not know the difference. That happens to be the case with lots of technology. Lets just say its fast enough.

4. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

I'm yet to find an application which makes my MacBook (the previous generation from the one that is on sale now) 2.2GHz struggle or show in any way that it is requiring an upgrade.

5. aethelbert macrumors 601

If we don't even know if a macbook is coming in July, how can we tell you what the difference is?

6. blakintosh macrumors member

haha loved the comment :rolleyes:

7. wako macrumors 65816

here is one reason why I wouldnt want an aluminum macbook... IT DENTS, where plastic is much more resilient....

8. xhambonex macrumors 6502a

True, although stylish the aluminum mbp is not constructed very well. The screen doesn't sit flush, the sides where the ports are dent easily, the plastic strip around the aluminum comes loose, you can push your finger from the back side of the screen and push on the actual screen. Its the little things about the durability of apple products that bother me, thin is nice, so is looks, give me some structure and durability.

9. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Mine sits flush

Going on eight-nine months no loose parts here.