Upcoming Wii Games?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by mrgreen4242, Apr 29, 2008.

1. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

So, I'm a new Wii owner, and while I am certainly happy with the game selection so far (I can see where I would have been a little disappointed if I had got one at launch) I was wondering what's on the horizon for the Wii this year?

There's a couple new games I'm looking forward to, with Sam and Max being #1, and the Day of Crisis game having some potential once we find out a little more, but other than that, what are the AAA titles lined up for the holiday season? I can't seem to find much information about anything big in the second half of the year?

There's plenty for me to do in the meantime, finishing Zack and Wiki, Mario Kart, Zelda:TP, Mario Galaxy, House of the Dead, RE:UC, and probably a couple other I'm forgetting, but I'd like to read a little more about some of the upcoming titles that people are excited about...

2. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I hope you already have Smash Bros and Mario Kart ;)

Right now, we don't actually know. At E3 2007, Nintendo announced Wii Fit and Mario Kart. They recently announced Super Mario Sluggers.

That baseball game (Sluggers) is the only game announcement they have made since July 2007, which is ridiculous. They've got to have a lot in the works- there's no way they were just developing those three games.

I'd expect a crapload of game announcements at E3.

3. mrgreen4242 thread starter macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

OK, so I'm not crazy. :p I saw the Sluggers announcement, which could be good or bad from the look of it, definitely a "wait-for-all-the-final-reviews" game.

I wonder if they are keeping quiet because of the hype around GTA4? Anything they announce(d) between Jan and May '08 has a good chance of getting overlooked by the media in the wake of the GTA news... Wii Fit is different enough that it can shine through, Mario Kart and Brawl have such a fan base already that they can get some attention, and Sluggers is sort of a middling title anyways that might have been mostly sidelined anyways, so they could be holding back for E3 to be sure they're noticed.

And, yes, I have Mario Kart, but not Brawl - I'm not a Smash Bros fan at all. I just don't get the appeal of that game. Loving Kart, though. I read that the Zelda team was back together working on something new, but no details of course. Trouble with Zelda games is that they can take YEARS to get released, so it's hard to get excited about that news.

I really hope Nintendo does announce a ton of games at E3, many of which get released by the end of the year. I have a feeling that once all the GTA nonsense dies down we'll see everyone start to talk about "their next big thing". E3's in July, right? That seems an awful long way away.