Update: 1.1.1 causing more problems than it's worth?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ntrigue, Oct 5, 2007.

1. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I've made purchases using WiFi Store and thoroughly enjoy the functionality of the Home Button double-tap. (FYI...if your iPhone goes to sleep while listening to iPod you can double-click the Home Button and without unlocking the iPhone you are able to adjust volume/pause and play/fast forward and rewind)

A BIG however...

-Mobile Safari crashes in every instance where one inputs text or uses a drop-down menu and other times just plain crashes. (Please try TUAW.com for example EDGE mostly)

-iPod feature crashes frequently (3 times per hour of listening)

-Using the two features simultaneously is no longer an option. Many times just clicking Mobile Safari while listening to the iPOD causes an instantaneous crash.

-SMS is now delayed 3-5 seconds when opened regardless of how many conversations are stored.

Please try to duplicate the TUAW.com crash as well as the apple.com/feedback/iphone.html crash; using the text fields causes a crash on EDGE only.

2. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

I'm not seeing any of the above. Maybe you should reload. Since the update everything seems faster and crisper on mine and several other iPhones I see on a regular basis.

3. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

I use Safari so many times during the day, with all different types of web pages doing everything possible the iPhone can do. It has crashed 2 times since the update.

The iPod has never crashed once for me.

Uh?

I've noticed a delay, but it's about 2 seconds.

You should really restore your phone and re do the update. This update has made the crashing a lot less now. Only thing i could bitch about is texting not being so fast anymore.

4. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

So far 1.1.1 is working as well as 1.0.2 and 1.0.1 were for me.

5. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

6. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

if you look hard enough, one can find problems everywhere.

I haven't seen anything repetitive enough or serious enough to note any issues with 1.1.1.

Then again I didn't really see any issues with any of the previous versions either.

Sometimes I get the feeling people are doing QA tests on their iPhones rather than using them.

7. Fuchal macrumors 68020

I've had little-to-no bugs on 1.1.1, and no crashing as you speak of.

8. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Yesterday evening I was having the same problems - Safari (on WiFi) crashed about three times in five minutes. I was on tuaw for a couple of the crashes and cnn for the other. Also loading Safari crashed the iPod a couple of times.

I restarted the iPhone and it seems ok since then.

9. taybo20 macrumors regular

taybo20

Well i think i have still had more problems with 1.1.1 than 1.0.2 or earlier. My problem stems from safari crashing. Safari gets confused with javascript on some pages and causes it to crash. Really makes me mad becuase javascript is used to access my online banking. And Apple care doesn't know about the bug either...:mad:

10. ntrigue thread starter macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Performed a restore using iTunes. I have been unable to recreate the crashes after 2 hours of iPod use. Myspace.com and TUAW.com are also working well!

One question, I thought a restore deleted SMS and Notes previously? All data and settings are the same after restoring. Previously I had to re-enter my Mail settings, WiFi settings, etc. Is there a more complete Restore?

11. motorazr macrumors 6502

motorazr

The Frozen Waste...wait. Duluth, Minnesota.
    Grrr

Ok...I've finally decided to post all the issues I'm having. No, I havn't tried a restore yet, but it's coming.

-iPhone freezes when answering calls (sometimes)
    -iPhont freezes when unlocking (during the transition effect)
    -Safari causes music to stop playing again (like it used to)
    -I am actually seeing the negitibe black in movies and on the charge screen and on websites
    -iPhone doesn't automatically connect to WiFi
    -I have 300MB left free...iTunes says I don't have enough space to buy and download a song
    -SMS takes like 5 years to load (ok...3 seconds or so)
    -iPhone crashes a lot (in general)

I'm not about to get a new one...as this is my third (all replaced under warranty where head set wouldn't give any sound and mic wouldn't turn on unless in speaker phone / music wouldn't play beyond head phones)... and NONE of this was there before the update. I really hope something else comes out to patch what I'm getting.

I still love my iPhone though...so don't get me wrong...I'm just frustrated :eek:

12. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

The SMS lag is definitely real here. Click on the SMS icon and count the seconds it takes to load. I count 3.