Update 2.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Bwilky, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Bwilky macrumors regular

How many of you are all going to be upgrading? It's only $9.99

2. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

3. Nickelz92 macrumors member

This is probably a stupid question at this point. But if you haven't downloaded the JSU yet and you plan on getting 2.0, do you there'll be some kind of bundle discount to try to get people to un-jailbreak and just download authentic software?

Also, i know this is really menial but i thought the exact price of 2.0 was 9.95

4. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Yep it's $9.95 Bwilky.
    Missed that one first time round. :p

1. I believe Apple will add even more un-announced features to 2.0
    2. These features will be so desirable, everyone will want to upgrade to 2.0
    3. Then I believe Apple may force users to update to the JSU in order to apply the 2.0 upgrade.

In theory Apple could tell v2.0 to look for the JSU script file on the device before
    allowing the upgrade to continue to be applied to that specific device.

Or

Apple may just include the JSU in the v2.0 upgrade, and slap the early adopters in the face again ...

R-Fly

5. Nickelz92 macrumors member

Wow, I never really thought of that! That would be awesome for me, seeing as how I wasn't impressed enough with JSU to buy it. Honestly, though, for 9.95 the 2.0 seems like a better upgrade. So why was JSU 2x the price?!

Also, earlier in your post, what kinds of other features are you anticipating if you have any specific thoughts?

6. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

The JSU was priced at $20, simply, to allow Apple to test the water with the market, in regards to future charged software upgrades for iPod touch.

The more I think about it, I can actually see Apple including the JSU in 2.0 - which is sickening for me as I dropped the £12.66.

After they dropped the iPhone from $599 to $399 after just 2 months of it being on the market, Apple proved they will do anything to get money, even if it means upset of their existing customer base. It's the same with software. Also note that currently, the JSU has been completely pulled from distribution on iTunes.

As far as new features go, I think we'll see more 'landscape' viewing options in different applications like notes, contacts etc .. I think Safari will gain a 'Full screen' mode to lose the address bar
    and bottom options bar when viewing web content, a couple of new Apple-designed applications (possibly iChat? iWork? Photo Editor?), CoverFlow for Video? - I hope so.

Apart from those possibilities, we know 'MobileMe' options will be added throughout the interface for seamless service integration, The App Store is coming,
    All of the enterprise support, bulk delete/move in Mail.app, global contact search, the ability to save image content from both Mail.app & Safari.app has been
    added, and the support of a tremendous amount of languages with character recognition for some assian languages.

I think 2.0 will change the game forever.

iPhone will no longer be just a cool-looking phone, and iPod touch will no longer be just an iPod.
    They will both become a mobile platform, and that, is exciting.

Bring on early July - with extreme anticipation. :cool:

R-Fly

7. Bwilky thread starter macrumors regular

Lol. Will you ever forgive me?

If you think about it, you can buy leopard and upgrade from jaguar to leopard and skip tiger. It's bad practice to make them upgrade from JSU.

8. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

I don't see this happening, remember the outcry around these parts when the January Update was announced? Yeah, double that. It would be bad practice on Apple's part to require the JSU I think.

9. alexlovesmacs macrumors 6502a

i will i bought a 50 dollar itunes gift card the other day to buy 2.0 and some music

10. krusej23 macrumors newbie

I will be upgrading so that I can use my college campus' internet...and play games with the apps during class lol just kidding.