update 3.0 killed my phone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sirup, Jun 22, 2009.

1. sirup macrumors newbie

i think it fried my sim card too....
    the best part of this is my service provider(rogers, i live in canada) says "we will send if a replacement if u give us a legal address thats real" apperently the island i live on doesn't exist or something?
    i spent 6 hours on the phone with them doing everything i can to get them to replace the damn thing(and i can be very convincing) however nothing came from it...
    i've tried the dfu mode thing(i think it's called) restoring my phone through itunes which didn't work
    i also tried the direct download thing which gave me some locked dmg and two that wont open cuz they have issues
    if anyone knows anythign that might help me fix my phone PLEASE let me know cuz right now I've been without winse wednesday when it was released and their servers crashed(which is what caused my phone to fry)
    p.s. this is my second iphone so far due to issues with them and I'm on my third mac book all wihtin a year all because os simple issues within their coding
    starting ti think about switching to windoze even tho a few of my friends would smack me if they heard me say so

2. Nimiety macrumors regular

I had issues as well - in the end, I plugged my phone into another computer and installed the update that way. It worked, and after the three hours of failing to restore and also being stuck in DFU mode, everything went fine with the first try.

Good luck!

3. sirup thread starter macrumors newbie

exactly what i had to do and it worked thank u much so!!! didn't even have to switch platforms or o.s.'s in order to get it going again
    woop woop

ok on closer examination i can't restore or update from my phone or else it'll go back into emergency mode...